Work-integrated learning (WIL) experiences enable students to put the theory they're learning into practice. WIL is related to, but not the same as, the fields of experiential learning, work-based learning, and vocational education and training. Students who undertake WIL practices will engage in authentic and meaningful discipline-related tasks and critical reflection.
Many programmes at Massey offer a range of WIL opportunities, such as:
- work placements and internships
- clinical or field placements and practicums
- service learning and cooperative education (co-op)
- work-related projects and competitions
- entrepreneurship and student-led enterprise.